POLICIES, PROTOCOLS, & GUIDELINES
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND POLICIES
The Sickle Cell Consortium wants our attendees to know your health and safety are vital to us. We are following the COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures of Georgia and the city of Atlanta. The Consortium also has protocols in place and will be following strict adherence to safety guidelines during all Sickle Cell Consortium in-person events. We will continue to update our policies as changes are made or required.
As of March 01, 2023
Sickle Cell Consortium Safety Protocols
The safety of all Consortium attendees is a top priority to the Consortium. By attending the 7th Annual Leadership Summit in Atlanta, GA, you agree to abide by and engage in specific beneficial health and safety conduct while attending the meeting. This includes, but is not limited to, vaccination status declaration **, receiving a negative result on a self-administered COVID test no later than 48 hours prior to arrival at the event, removing yourself from the event if you have any symptoms or have been recently exposed to COVID-19, and maintaining appropriate physical distancing.
The Consortium strongly recommends wearing a mask at all times during the event. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and follow guidance from the CDC, state, and local/city officials, as well as following standards set forth by the venue. We will execute the following best practices to help attendees and staff stay healthy and to reduce exposure and risk.
**Attendees must fall into one of two categories:
1. Received all doses (1 or 2 depending upon the vaccine manufacturer) in the primary series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, per the CDC definition, and any boosters recommended for you, if eligible; or
2. Unable to obtain the vaccine and have been approved for a medical exemption. Request an exemption and email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Require all attendees, exhibitors, speakers, and event support staff to declare vaccinations with the exception of medical exemptions
● Require a negative result to a COVID-19 antigen self-test no later than 48 hours prior to onsite registration
● Strongly encourage the use of masks throughout the event
● Utilize social distancing protocols, including:
○ Increased spacing in all areas of the meeting, including registration, main hall, exhibit floor, and public spaces
○ The main hall, with spaced seating, will have designated entrances and exits to assist in traffic flow management
○ Banquet sets will follow physical distancing protocols, the caterer’s food distribution safety procedures, and traffic flow management
○ Registration is designed to limit contact, and manage the traffic flow within the area to encourage physical distancing
● Ensure an appropriate amount of hand sanitizer stations are displayed throughout the Hotel area
● Provide onsite testing upon request at a designated health and safety area.
Attendees are required to:
● Abide by vaccination rules and periodic on-site testing (COVID-19 & temperature).
● Stay home if feeling feverish or exhibiting other symptoms of COVID-19 prior to the conference
● Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
● Consider adopting a no-handshake or no-hug policy
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
● Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, washing or hand sanitizing afterward
● Maintain social distancing
● Disinfect personal items such as cell phones and laptops
● If onsite and you become feverish or coughing, please stay in your room and notify Ms. Doris Bailey at email@example.com or call 706-204-9269 to report illness. You will be moved to a new room and a COVID-19 test provided. Please do not return to the event until a negative test result is obtained.
Visit the Hilton Garden Inn Buckhead for the hotel's safety protocols. If you have any questions, please reach out to L'Bonne Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org OR Dominique Goodson at email@example.com.